- Papers about our work
- Please visit the ARK @ CMU for software and datasets developed there.
- contextual-repr-analysis, a toolkit for analyzing contextual representations with probing models (NAACL 2019)
- Sounding Board, content-driven conversational AI (NAACL 2019 demo)
- Tweebank 2.0 (NAACL 2018)
- universal dependency parser for English tweets (NAACL 2018)
- TReMoLoop: revise your message with a machine in the loop (IUI 2018)
- idea_relations, a framework to identify relations between ideas in temporal text corpora (ACL 2017)
- twitter_langid, hierarchical character-word neural network for word-level language identification in tweets (SocialNLP 2016)
Noah's ARK is an informal collection of researchers within the Natural Language Processing group at the University of Washington and formerly at Carnegie Mellon University's Language Technologies Institute.
Available for download: numerous software tools and datasets for and papers about natural language processing.Read More
ARK researchers and alumni are leaders in natural language processing, machine learning, and computational social science.Read More
Tal August, UW Ph.D. student
Elizabeth Clark, UW Ph.D. student
Sarah Dreier, UW Data Science postdoc
Suchin Gururangan, UW Ph.D. student
Nikita Haduong, UW Ph.D. student
Jungo Kasai, UW Ph.D. student
Phillip Keung, UW Ph.D. student
Rik Koncel-Kedziorski, UW postdoc
Lucy Lin, UW Ph.D. student
Alisa Liu, UW Ph.D. student
Kelvin Luu, UW Ph.D. student
Ana Marasović, AI2/UW postdoc
Phoebe Mulcaire, UW Ph.D. student
Nikos Pappas, UW postdoc
Hao Peng, UW Ph.D. student
Ofir Press, UW Ph.D. student
Jesse Dodge, Ph.D. 2020, CMU (Towards Efficient and Reproducible Natural Language Processing). He is a research staff member at the University of Washington.
Dallas Card, Ph.D. 2019, CMU (Accelerating Text-as-Data Research in Computational Social Science). He is a postdoctoral researcher at Stanford University.
Swabha Swayamdipta, Ph.D. 2019, CMU (Syntactic Inductive Biases for Natural Language Processing). She is a young investigator at the Allen Institute for AI.
Sam Thomson, Ph.D. 2019, CMU (Encoding and Decoding Graph Representations of Natural Language). He is a research scientist at Semantic Machines.
Jeffrey Flanigan, Ph.D. 2018, CMU (Parsing and Generation for the Abstract Meaning Representation). He is an assistant professor at the University of California Santa Cruz.
Lingpeng Kong, Ph.D. 2017, CMU (Neural Representation Learning in Linguistic Structured Prediction). He is a research scientist at DeepMind.
Nathan Schneider, Ph.D. 2014, CMU (Lexical Semantic Analysis in Natural Language Text). He is an assistant professor at Georgetown University.
Tae Yano, Ph.D. 2013, CMU (Text as Actuator: Text-Driven Response Modeling and Prediction in Politics). She is a research scientist at Expedia.
Kevin Gimpel, Ph.D. 2012, CMU (Discriminative Feature-Rich Modeling for Syntax-Based Machine Translation). He is an assistant professor at the Toyota Technological Institute at Chicago.
André Martins, Ph.D. 2012, CMU (The Geometry of Constrained Structured Prediction: Applications to Inference and Learning of Natural Language Syntax). He is head of research at Unbabel.
Dipanjan Das, Ph.D. 2012, CMU (Semi-Supervised and Latent-Variable Models of Natural Language Semantics). He is a research scientist at Google.
Shay Cohen, Ph.D. 2011, CMU (Computational Learning of Probabilistic Grammars in the Unsupervised Setting). He is a reader (associate professor equivalent) at the University of Edinburgh.
- Rachel Rudinger (2019–20, AI2/UW), assistant professor at the University of Maryland
- Emily Gade (2018–19, UW), assistant professor at Emory University
- Roy Schwartz (2016–19, UW/AI2), lecturer at Hebrew University
- Yangfeng Ji (2016–18, UW), assistant professor at the University of Virginia
- Chenhao Tan (2016–17, UW), assistant professor at the University of Colorado Boulder
- Fei Liu (2013–15, CMU), assistant professor at the University of Central Florida
- Chris Dyer (2010–12, CMU), research scientst at DeepMind
- Behrang Mohit (2010–12, CMU-Q), research scientist at Ask.com
- Sam Gehman (2020, UW)
- Karishma Mandyam (2020, UW)
- Tam Dang (2019, UW)
- Ron Fan (2019, UW)
- Aishwarya Nirmal (2019, UW)
- Deric Pang (2019, UW)
- Suchin Gururangan (2018, UW)
- Yi Zhu (2017, UW)
- Rohan Ramanath (2015, CMU)
- Victor Chahuneau (2013, CMU)
- Cari (Sisson) Bader (2008, CMU)
- Mengqiu Wang (2007, CMU)
- Judit Ács (UW visitor, 2018–19)
- Miguel Ballesteros (CMU visitor, 2014–16)
- Rishav Bhowmick (CMU-Q BS, 2010)
- Desai Chen (CMU BS, 2010)
- Philip Gianfortoni (CMU research programmer, 2009–10)
- Swapna Gottipati (CMU visitor, 2012)
- Mohammad Haque (CMU BS, 2010)
- Mourad Heddaya (UW BS, 2020)
- Adhiguna Kuncoro (UW visitor, 2016)
- Dimitry Levin (CMU BS, 2010)
- Nelson Liu (UW BS, 2019)
- Yijia Liu (UW visitor, 2016–18)
- Philip Massey (CMU BS, 2015)
- Zack McCord (CMU BS)
- Bill McDowell (CMU research programmer, 2013–14)
- Jacob Morrison (UW BS, 2017)
- Tobi Owoputi (CMU BS, 2014)
- Zach Paine (CMU research programmer, 2008)
- Ben Plaut (CMU BS, 2016)
- Daniel Preoțiuc-Pietro (CMU visitor, 2013)
- Naomi Saphra (CMU BS, 2013)
- Neel Shah (CMU BS, 2010)
- Shil Sinha (CMU BS, 2013)
- Tal Stramer (CMU BS, 2011)
- Dan Tasse (CMU BS, 2008)
- Mattt Thompson (CMU BA, 2009)
- Johnny Wei (UW visitor, 2017)
- Patrick Xia (CMU BS, 2016)
- Qiaolin Xia (UW visitor, 2018–19)
- Michael Zhang (UW BS, 2020)
- Xiaote Zhu (CMU BS, 2017)